Baslow St. Anne’s C of E Primary
School Sports Premium.
Our aim is to impact on all, and to nurture a life-long passion for sport, exercise
and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
We want the children to be the best that they can
After carrying out an audit we have decided that our priorities for spending the Sport
Premium money are:
- to offer all groups of children the opportunity to participate in sports festivals or competitions or extra-curricular
- to provide professional development for staff so that all staff can deliver a high standard of P.E.
- for a wider range of activities to be offered to children.
- to further raise the profile of sports and P.E. in school.
Many of our action points have already started to be achieved and the
children have taken part in many sports competitions and extra-curricular activities.
We are seeing the impact of the Sports Premium funding on a
- Our Year 6 play leaders have some fantastic new equipment to work
with, enabling them to bring a wide variety of games to the younger children and increase overall activity at break time;
- We held our first ever dance and gymnastics showcase;
- We held our first ever whole-school, internal basketball tournament;
- Our teachers have benefitted from some great training, and from working alongside specialist coaches; we are all
now more confident and skilled in teaching PE and sport.
- We have seen increased participation in after-school sports clubs, including football, netball and athletics
clubs run by our teachers, and multi-sports and dance clubs run by specialist practitioners;
- A large number of our pupils have been able to participate in high-level inter-school competitions, including
tag-rugby, football, cross-country, netball, rounders, sportshall athletics and basketball; this year, we won trophies in cross-country and swimming.